Terms & Conditions
t & c's
GENERAL CONDITIONS OF SALE
- The seller does not accept responsibility for the dipping, checking or testing of Buyer’s tanks. This, together with the obligation to see that the driver couples up with the correct feed on Buyer’s tanks, rests entirely upon Buyers. The volume of every delivery shall be gauged by the meter of the Seller’s tank wagon, the Seller’s reading of which shall be conclusive and binding upon both parties.
- Please check operator’s dips/meter before and after delivery otherwise no claim for shortage will be considered, unless agreed with driver at the time of delivery.
- Aviation and motor fuels contain, or may contain, lead and are to be used only as fuels in an engine and every precaution must be taken to avoid spilling.
- It is a condition of sale of any Motor Fuel or other petroleum product by the Seller that Buyers will strictly observe all the conditions of their Petroleum Storage Licence and that they will not permit smoking or naked lights nor electric or gas fires or radiators near to a tank or inlet pipe into which a delivery of Motor Fuel or other petroleum product is being made, or a vent pipe connected to such a tank and will indemnify the Seller against any damage claims or costs arising out of the breach of this clause. Furthermore, the Buyers shall be responsible for ensuring that the storage into which the delivery is to be made will accommodate the full quantity ordered.
- Forward orders are accepted only on the understanding that the sale price ruling on the date of delivery governs the order.
- Acceptance of the Motor Fuel or other petroleum product will be treated as an acceptance of the conditions. The Seller shall be at liberty to stop further deliveries under accepted or partially completed orders if the Buyers fail to adhere to these conditions.
- Should any tax duty or other increase be added now or hereafter to the price of any product to which this invoice refers as a result of war or international dispute or on the order or request of H.M. Government or any other national authority, the Buyers agree to pay the amount of such tax duty or increase.
- The seller shall not be responsible for any failure to make deliveries if fulfilment has been delayed, hindered or prevented by any circumstance whatsoever which is not within the Seller’s immediate control (including without limiting the generality of the foregoing labour difficulties of any sort compliance with any order or request of any national provincial port or other public authority or of any person purporting to act for such authority and failure of the Seller’s existing or contemplated sources of supply) and if by any such circumstances the Seller is at any time delayed or hindered in delivering or prevented from delivering the full quantity of the products which the Seller is under contract with any other person or persons to deliver at that time the Seller shall be at liberty to withhold reduce or suspend deliveries to the Buyer to such extent as the Seller in its absolute discretion may think fit. The Seller’s liability in respect of any delivery shall not extend to any consequential damages whether direct or indirect or howsoever caused.
- All goods supplied shall remain the property of Fuels & Lubricants (Enniskillen) until full payment is made for same. The Seller has permission to enter Buyers property to retrieve any goods which have not been paid for by the Buyer.
ADDITIONAL CONDITIONS OF SALE TO COMMERCIAL CONSUMERS
10. Motor Fuel supplied against this invoice is sold exclusively for the Buyer’s own use as commercial consumers in commercially licensed vehicles only and it is a condition of sale that Motor Fuel or any other petroleum product sold to commercial consumers be not resold, transferred or disposed of to any other party, private or commercial.