THE KEY TO EFFECTIVE RODENT CONTROL BEST PRACTICE BAITING: RATS AND MICE ARE SERIOUS PESTS.
Being nocturnal, over 100 rats can easily inhabit one farm without being seen.
The key to control is understanding the extent of infestations and baiting accordingly.
The following guidelines will help ensure effective, responsible control with SLAYMOR.
• PLAN YOUR SITE Place bait near to runs, burrows, signs of activity.
• PLENTY OF BAITING POINTS Not enough baiting points is the most common cause of failure.
• COVER YOUR BAIT Rodents like shelter when feeding. This also protects bait from rain and non-target animals.
• TOP UP REGULARLY Rodents need several feeds to build up a lethal dose. Top up regularly, especially during the first two weeks.
• CARRY ON BAITING If completely consumed, increase the amount of bait at that bait point.
• BAIT FOR 1 EXTRA WEEK It is important to leave bait down for at least 1 week after feeding has stopped at all baiting points.
• MONITOR BAITING Avoid re-invasion by setting up barrier baits and monitoring every 3-4 weeks.
LOOSE BAIT AND BAIT BAGS EFFECTIVE, RESPONSIBLE RAT CONTROL WITH SLAYMOR® Always follow the label instructions carefully For further advice visit www.farmanimalhealth.co.uk
EFFECTIVE RODENT CONTROL IS ESSENTIAL FOR COMPLIANCE WITH MANY UK FARM ASSURANCE SCHEMES:
• FARM RECORDS Always record the amount and location of all bait.
• PROTECT WILDLIFE AND PETS Keep bait away from wildlife and pets.
• REMOVE UNEATEN BAIT After 2 weeks, and only when baiting has finished, dispose of uneaten bait.
• CHECK FOR DEAD RATS Dispose of dead rodents in accordance with local requirements.
• NUMBERS OF DEAD RATS Most rodents return to their burrows or nests to die, so the bodies found on farm won’t reflect the size of the infestation.
For further information about SLAYMOR contact: Novartis Animal Health UK Ltd, Frimley Business Park, Frimley, Camberley, Surrey, GU16 7SR. Tel 01276 694402
SLAYMOR loose bait and SLAYMOR Bait Bags contain bromadiolone. Use pesticides safely. Always follow label instructions carefully, particularly the STATUTORY CONDITIONS RELATING TO USE. SLAYMOR® is a trademark of Novartis AG, Basel, Switzerland. FAB/12/801 rdp19204 Nov ‘12 LOOSE BAIT AND BAIT BAGS